harriset82

Change bank information

For a year iv been trying to figure out. How can I change my Bank information to my current bank information?

Change bank information

Your banking information cannot be changed after your tax return has been filed and accepted.

Banking information does not go from TT to the IRS until you file your 2020 tax return and it is accepted. The IRS will begin to accept  and process 2020 returns at the end of January 2021.

You enter/change banking information in the FILE section before you file your 2020 return. Changing it on the TurboTax site does not do any good until you file your return and the IRS processes your return.  

If your stimulus check goes to a wrong or closed account, it will be sent back to the IRS and then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.

JoseBetancourt22

Change bank information

I need to add my account information in this is my account number [removed] and my routing number is  [removed]. 

EbonyL122824

Change bank information

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit. If you have not yet filed your return, you can easily edit the account info you wish to transfer your money into before you file. Follow the instructions here.

papa570

Change bank information

I need to get my checking account information into my tax return, I have not filed it yet i am trying to figure out how to get the information into my tax filing. I am not getting a refund on my taxes, so that is what i think is the problem. I need my checking account information and routing number put in. Please help. thanks Gary T Gordon Sr

SForrestLO

Change bank information

You can save your return as a PDF and review the documents. You can also revisit the Refund Method section in Turbo Tax. Please see the Turbo Tax FAQs below. 

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on how to change your refund method. Change or review my refund method

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to save your 2020 return as a PDF and print.

How do I save my 2020 TurboTax Online return as a PDF?

grobe7333

Change bank information

I forgot to add my banking information when I filed my 2020 return, can I change it now even though IRS has accepted my return

Change bank information

No it's too late.  If the bank rejects your deposit the IRS will mail a check to the address on your return.

CatinaT1

Change bank information

There is no way to make any changes to bank information at this point.

grobe7333

Change bank information

I'm on Social security and I normally don't file taxes. I filed a 2020 tax return yesterday morning and the IRS accepted my return in the afternoon,I didn't add my banking info on the return, can I add to my return today T

Change bank information

No.   Once your return has been filed and accepted you cannot add or change banking information.   If you did not enter anything then it defaults to a check mailed to the address on your tax return.