Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot track return on irs.gov says that there are no records and I filed through TurboTax and was accepted on 1/22

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

Cannot track return on irs.gov says that there are no records and I filed through TurboTax and was accepted on 1/22

As long as you got the message that your return was accepted, you're fine. You generally won't see any specific information on the IRS tracker until your return starts going through the processing phase, which can take a little bit of time dependant on how many returns the IRS has waiting to be processed. Continue to check daily for updates, as the IRS updates the tracker every 24 hours.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
EdwardLO

As long as you got the message that your return was accepted, you're fine. You generally won't see any specific information on the IRS tracker until your return starts going through the processing phase, which can take a little bit of time dependant on how many returns the IRS has waiting to be processed. Continue to check daily for updates, as the IRS updates the tracker every 24 hours.

ksmoothyg

I filed on 2-1-18 and every time I try to track it says my information doesn’t match still and it’s kind of scaring me can anyone please help me
mellon

My return was efiled using TurboTax on 1-20-18.  I have printouts and an order number.  Trouble is, like many others, the IRS status site is not showing receipt of any efile?   I called the IRS today (1/28/18)and they said there were no electronic filings/rejects recvd on my return.  IRS suggest refiling my return.  What a cluster...

Ksmoothyg any update? The same thing is happening to me
mellon

After getting that "locked out" msg from the software -  over and over again, I managed to change my Turbo tax password.  When the option to return to my 2017 taxes came up, I crossed my fingers, clicked here and there  and somehow reached the final screens.  Seriously, for hours, it was like navigating a mine field.  I have no idea how I finally pushed the right buttons to process the daggone return...but it's now pending on the  IRS site.  Try signing back in with a new password.  Good luck!

Try entering your federal amount only,  not the full total of your return.
glewis12

Enter just your federal returns and it will show
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies