Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cannot Print My 2019 Return

Same problem-  TT Home & Business download will not print anything! Crashes each time. All new macOS, all new Adobe Acrobat. Followed instruction. Tried multiple ways to print after spending days working on and filing taxes.. First time in 10 years with such unsolvable problems...  This TT software is seriously flawed. Cant even print my Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 vouchers. A bust!! Why can this company fix this [recurrent] problem ???

Same problem - TurboTax for Mac 2019 Home and Business hangs with spinning beach ball when I ask to print. Miles of code in the report going to Apple. Customer support was very pleasant and tried to be helpful but was totally useless - wasn't even working on a Mac when they took my call. Had no idea what they were looking at when we did a screen share. This is TOTALLY on the programmers and they need to issue an update STAT. We need to ride herd on Intuit. I too have never had this problem before - I have used TurboTax from the start - and it smells like internal problems at Intuit with QA/QC. 

PS: I am not prepared to uninstall and reinstall - I am afraid of losing the data and the benefit of the Audit Defense I purchased for these returns. I will ask my state to send me a copy of the return I e-filed instead in the meantime - I expect I will receive that from the bureaucrats faster than a corrective update. What a cluster, Intuit. #BeBest

jugbedi

I have completed my Federal return for 2019 as well as States return, but I can't print it. I always submit my return by mail and that is my plan for 2019.

Well good luck with that. I am getting crickets from Intuit. All they have done so far is notify me of your post and told me that I have a new rank as Returning Member. Seriously, Intuit?

I don't want a participation trophy.  I want a patch for this problem NOW. It's not like you don't have competition. And it's not like you don't have to earn my loyalty.

I had this problem too. Spent hours on the phone three months ago to resolve this-- did not resolve it. Intuit finally sent me to a how-to-resolve-it email message... with a link to a website where I could download IRS booklet and forms so I could fill out my own taxes by hand !!!!! They then sent me "Your issue has been resolved "email. Crappy service! Very poorly implemented never-to-be-customer-service service! 

@macuser_22 

Any suggestions ? 

On a Mac that print issue is usually caused by some other process external to TurboTax that blocks the Apple OS print function from responding timely.    In some cases this has been traced to a portion of previously installed virus detention software that was not removed.

The beach ball spins because TurboTax has done it's job and completed the print file, then it calls the Apple print function to do the actual printing but the Apple print  process does not respond in a timely manner.  This is external to TurboTax.

Usually just giving the process longer to complete (up to 30 minutes) will allow print to complete.  After that then subsequent print calls seem to go through normally.

Sometimes restarting the Mac in the "safe mode" will help.

See this Apple support article:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Cenk76
Returning Member

This year's TurboTax software is just terrible.  After all the battle I finally filed my taxes but I can't possibly print (or save as PDF).  Software crashes and the only way I can possibly re-start the software by deleting the crash log: 

~/Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

Will Intuit ever fix the software this year?  If not I am going to be switching to an alternative software next year.

If you get a spinning beach ball when printing then that is not TurboTax doing that.  It is some other Mac process that is blocking the Apple Print function from responding.     Usually simply giving it more time to complete (up to 30 minutes) will usually print after 10 minutes or so. After it prints once then that seems to clear the block.

Restarting in the "safe mode" sometimes helps.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Cenk76
Returning Member

waiting is not helping in this case.  Software is actually crashing and it hangs up with the gray spinning ball.  Force quit (first time I've ever seen this) is not getting rid of the software window although the activity indicator on the dock is going offline.  The only way I can get rid of the window is to log out and log back in.

The spinning wheel is a hung process and not a crash.

Try printing only the Federal, not the state.  If the Federal prints then that is the problem because it is always the state that spins.

Let is spin for 30 minutes and see it the state prints.

BTExpress

This was not help for me.  When I try to print the application just locks up and I have to force it to quit.  Frustrating.  Printer works for all other applications.  Why no preview to PDF?

BTExpress

Actually the save to PDF does not work either.   

It woks for most people who just wait.   They all use the  same Apple print call.

Please help me print my 2019 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies