ashjames24

Can someone tell me what to do after I have filed, paid, amended my return? Do I mail it to the same place or someplace else?

I paid my 2016 return, finally got my foster child's SSN, and amended my return on Turbo tax downloaded. What do I do now?

Print the amended federal tax return.  Sign and date the tax return.

Use the address from this IRS website for amended tax returns, Form 1040X, click on your state - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

Carl

If you amended it correctly by clicking the "Amend" button before you opened the return for editing, then when you print the forms required for filing, an instruction sheet will also print with it, which includes the address to you will mail it to.

ashjames24

So, I didn't but I did change my return back to the original and then searched for Amend under the Search Topics Option at the top of the window and was able to begin there. Thank you!