turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shalaka88

Can someone please check into my tax refund as I haven't received tax refund in full amount. Please check and initiate the refund asap. It been more than 60 days.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can someone please check into my tax refund as I haven't received tax refund in full amount. Please check and initiate the refund asap. It been more than 60 days.

No one can check and initiate a refund for you, but we can tell you how you can check on it.   But first you need to explain your situation more and please clarify something in your question.

What do you mean by "haven't received tax refund in full amount?"   What did you mean by "full amount?"     Did you receive "some" of the refund?   If so, who was it from?   Was it a Federal refund or a state refund?    If you are supposed to get both refunds, they come separately at different times from different places.  So if you are expecting both, don't go by the total amount.

Your Federal refund amount is shown on your Form 1040, Line 20a.

You also appear to be using Free Edition.   Was everything completely free for you, or did you have any TurboTax fees at all?   If you had any optional TurboTax fees (PLUS, Audit Defense, etc.), did you choose to pay them out of the Federal refund?

If the IRS or state reduced your refund for some reason, they will send you a letter in about 3 weeks or so explaining why.

So please explain more about your situation and "which" refund you are referring to (Federal, state, or both), and what you are experiencing.

Or have you not received any refund amount at all?  If that's the case, we can tell you some additional things to check and do.

Still no refund

sphoward wrote:
Still no refund

sphoward:

In another thread you said you received a 4464c letter and that you currently have a 60-day review that is up on August 6.

If you need any more info, you'll need to speak to a live agent at the IRS.  I'll also tell you how to contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service below, who may be able to help if you have an economic hardship or can't get good info from the IRS.

There may be a phone number to use on your IRS letter.   Otherwise, here's how to reach a live agent at the IRS:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It might transfer you to an agent at that point.   If it doesn't it may ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you don't get good info/results from the IRS, you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate for your area.   They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies