jessica-delacruz

Can someone help me? It has been 14 days since the acceptance & I haven't been approved yet.

I normally will get a response of approval a day or two after it being accepted. Why is it taking so long this time around? Also. why is there a suggestion of a Topic 152 when I'm checking my status? I have all the same info I had last year. What could be causing all of this and have any of you received a late approval and receive your return? Have ya'll just received your return without the approval? Any kind of insight will help. Thank you!

AndreaC1

It can range from a span of just a few days up to about 3 weeks to see a move from accepted to approved. It will vary depending on how huge of a backlog they are working on when processing returns. 

Just keep an eye out on the IRS's website for updates. If you don't see a change after 3 weeks, that is when you need to contact the IRS. Please see details below. 

And Tax Topic 152 just means that the IRS has accepted the return and is now processing it. It's a generic message they provide when they are in processing stage of the return, so there's nothing to be alarmed about. Once they are done processing it, the status will update on the Where's My Refund? site for you. 

Processing time may vary depending on your tax situation. At this stage of processing, there is no further action that you can take right now. By law, any 2017 returns that include Earned Income Credit (EITC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC)& will be held until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in & late February. 

You can contact the IRS to research your status should one of the following three things happen:
  • It's been more than 21 days since you received your e-file acceptance notification,
  • It's been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return, or
  • The Where's My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.
My return is accepted but still not approved - is there a problem? Should I be worried?https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4495802

AndreaC1