yknijyam

Can someone guide me about my situation?im fron the Philippines and i dont know if im entitled to file a tax refund? I inherit money from a new yorker last 2019.

JeffreyR77

Inheriting money does not create a taxable event for you. 

If the money has earned income in 2020 in the United States, you may have a requirement to file a US tax return. 

If you are a resident of the Philippines and live in the Philippines, you can contact Sprintax to determine if you have tax filing requirements.

yknijyam

Good day..if inheriting money does not make any taxable event to me then why they taxed me a lot?..i mean Charles Schwab..im not a u.s citizen..i can't ask question through email about this..actually,my boyfriend have 2 benefeciary which is his brother and me...his brother died 2012 if im not mistaken then my boyfriend died 2019...someone in fedelity told me that i can get atleast half of the money that the charles schwab taxed me .i need an explanation about this..the problem is i cant contact them through email..anyway, thank you for your time...