rssizemore

Can I use this years refund to pay for a notice of additional tax due from the year 20`4?

the year 2014

AnthonyC

If you have already been assessed a deficiency from 2014, then the IRS will likely take your refund automatically to offset the balance due.  (Assuming the proper time has passed in which you could have challenged it).

Otherwise, there is no direct way in TurboTax to apply it to a prior year.  You would have to receive the refund and then write the IRS a check.  But, again, its likely to be taken automatically.

AnthonyC