Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ffwitt

Can I print a screen in Turbo Tax ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Screen?  

Sure you can do a screen print of your screen.  I've done it.  I use a screen print program but Windows should have a built in function.
ffwitt

Hi SweetieJean,
In the course of doing a return, Turbo puts up lots of different views in your Turbo application window, like listing all your interest payers from the names you've provided so far.  While they show these on your computer "screen", they don't offer print versions (unless it's a page from your return or support stuff).  
To get a record copy I use Windows "PrintScreen", and then paste that into a MS Word window, and then print, I'm curious if Turbo has an internal function that would let me skip the MS Word stuff.
Thank you, Fred

No Turbo Tax doesn't have that functionality.  But that sounds like just a schedule B.  Even if you don't have enough interest or Dividends to fill out schedule B you can get it in the us listing of forms and it will list them.

And why not, we may ask.  I have seen this question for years and have wanted to do this printing.  How deaf to customers do you have to be to ignore this?

A significant and long overlooked feature.  I've been thinking of dropping Turbotax - this and a few other missing features will help with that decision.

huffjohndeb
Returning Member

I also would like to print a screen of the TurboTax software for example in review section a year-to-year comparison without having to dig through PDF files. Computers had a print screen function. SHIFT+ PrtScr now its a button that looks like 4 windows PrtScrn.  Older people just want a printer icon they can click to print stuff. I know a lot of people no longer have printers because the information is right at your fingertips.  Older people have trouble with ever changing technology and memory problems, so this is an ADA request. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Printing does make things easier to access. Turbo Tax runs off the functions of the computer itself on functions. 

We will take this into consideration to see if it is something we can add in the future. @huffjohndeb 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Windows (at least newer versions) have a built-in program called "Snipping Tool." Load it up, click the New button. The "Mode" option lets you grab various parts or the entire screen. I usually just use my mouse to make a box around the area I want to print. Once the box is complete it will put it in its own window. You can print and/or save it from there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies