turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wifipro

Can I not just get them to give me my money back? I am scared and don't even know what happened with my taxes but I wasn't expecting anything back at all.

I payed almost $200 just to file for me because I didn't understand.  I have never in my life had tax issues.  I saw some kind of injured spouse stuff on it I just don't know
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Can I not just get them to give me my money back? I am scared and don't even know what happened with my taxes but I wasn't expecting anything back at all.

if you filed your tax return using TurboTax, there is a charge for that.

@wifipro 

We cannot see your account or your tax return, so we do not know what you did or what you entered on a tax return, nor why you paid so much.   Please explain more clearly.   What did you enter on a tax return?  What version of the software did you use?   Did you e-file a return?   Was the return accepted?  Or was it rejected?   What did injured spouse have to do with it?  Does your spouse owe child support or back taxes?   

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note:  If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
wifipro

It was 207 bucks actually. The fed claims filed and the state says started. The fed came back as rejected and didn't even make sense. The second was approved with zero return . It says state hasn't been filed . I thought I already paid that . A total of $207 . I show it in 3 action
wifipro

What do you mean you can't see my account. Or my tax return. You must be kidding

@wifipro This is the public user forum.  We answer tax questions and help with using the software here.  We have absolutely no access to your tax return.  We cannot see it.  This site is visible to anyone using the internet so please do not post anything personal here like your SSN or name and address, etc.   It sounds like you have become confused enough to need help from customer support.

To call TurboTax customer support
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies