June 4, 2019 2:17 PM
You will need to mail in the form, but you can access it, and fill it out in TurboTax.
To enter Injured Spouse information:
- Go to Federal Taxes on the left side of your screen.
- Go to the Other Tax Situations tab on the top of your screen.
- Choose Miscellaneous Tax Forms.
- Click Start on Report an injured or innocent spouse claim.
- On the next screen, say yes, you want to file an innocent or injured spouse claim.
- On the Innocent and Injured Spouse Relief screen, click Continue (you are not filing for innocent spouse relief).
- On the next screen, once again click Continue.
- The next screen is Let's See if You Qualify for Injured Spouse Relief. Select your state, if it isn’t pre-selected. Answer the question on the next screen and continue.
- Be careful on the next screen Tell Us More About Your Situation to select everything that applies to you. it’s important that you are filing a joint return, that there is some debt of your spouse that may reduce your refund (you can choose more than one) and that you are not liable for this debt. Without all three factors, you won’t qualify for injured spouse treatment.
- Continue entering information from your return.