Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ak49rose

Can I fix my husbands name on our return without an amendment? I did not e-file and have not mailed our return yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Can I fix my husbands name on our return without an amendment? I did not e-file and have not mailed our return yet.

Yes, if you haven't mailed your return yet, you can fix your husband's name on your return without an amendment.

To do so, please follow these instructions:

• Login to your TurboTax Account 
  • Scroll down to the bottom of your page and click on the blue box "Add a State" (You are not actually adding a state but this gets you to the correct menu)
  • From here, you can click "Federal" from the left side of your screen and then change what you need to change
  • Walk through the "File" section to reprint or E-File after you have made the necessary changes

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you haven't mailed your return yet, you can fix your husband's name on your return without an amendment.

To do so, please follow these instructions:

• Login to your TurboTax Account 
  • Scroll down to the bottom of your page and click on the blue box "Add a State" (You are not actually adding a state but this gets you to the correct menu)
  • From here, you can click "Federal" from the left side of your screen and then change what you need to change
  • Walk through the "File" section to reprint or E-File after you have made the necessary changes
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies