dsss20

Can having a amended return still being processed effect my eligibility for the child tax credit advancement

DanPaul02

It should not matter.  But you can contact the IRS and ask if you are eligible.

According to the IRS if your return, even an amended one is still processing then  you will not receive the advance child tax credit payments.  Go to topic Q B 12  as of June 30th there were 35 million US income tax returns that had not been processed and estimated only 3% of phone calls were being answered. Verify that here 

fanfare

fanfare

The (old) article states :

"... crack down on the wealthy [who cheat on their] taxes.

The latest bipartisan infrastructure deal included more money for the IRS for this purpose."

The Republicans made sure this provision was dropped. They literally said they don't want their wealthy donors to get audited.

fanfare

@dsss20 

Did you not get a July payment?

Did you file a 2019 tax return with dependents?