By paying $24.99, how many e-file returns to the same state do I get, i.e., is it $24.99 per return or is it like the federal e-files that you get 5 of them?

If TurboTax charges $24.99 per return to e-file state returns, how can I switch from e-file to mail filing?  It gives me NO opportunity to change to mail filing the state return, once I've chosen e-filing for the federal return.

Each state tax return e-filed is $24.99.  To avoid this charge you can print and mail the state tax returns.  Just choose File by Mail in the File a Return section of File.  On the following screen for Federal just choose "Do not print my Federal return to file my mail now" 

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing