Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Brod0
Returning Member

Because TurboTax Deluxe Download will not accept the Bank of America routing number on my check nor the online one for my state, what do I do?.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Because TurboTax Deluxe Download will not accept the Bank of America routing number on my check nor the online one for my state, what do I do?.

Be sure you are using the 9 digit routing number that is printed on your checks. Many banks have different  numbers on deposit slips that are not valid.
Brod0
Returning Member

To repeat, I have used the 9-digit number on my checks without success.

@Brod0

Especially for Bank of America...the routing number on your BofA checks may  NOT be the routing number you can use.

The one for your state "should" work bu there may be exceptions...call BofA Customer Support.  Especially if you originally opened your BofA account in another state...there may be differences, or you may be referring to an old routing number no longer used or one not properly updated on BofA's own website.

But try again here anyhow in case you accessed the wrong website.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/routing-number-faqs/">https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/...>

Ahhhhh...some BofA checks have the separate ACH number on them...see below:

But in the end, if nothing works, then you'll just have to make a selection to either:

a)... pay by a paper check (if you owe) and mail it in with the payment voucher... or 

b)   IF you are receiving a refund, to make the selection receive your refund in the mail on a paper check..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Pynckone
Returning Member

After wasting 90 minutes trying to figure this out, I went to my bank's website and found out that they have a DIFFERENT routing number for electronic transfers!!!  Would be nice if Turbo Tax told you that was a possibility!

I used the routing number on my Bank of America checks but I still can not file my taxes

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@1020 Please ensure that the routing number that you are using is for ACH transfers. As mentioned above, there can be separate routing numbers for different transfer types.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mike259

Call your bank! Previous posts here are correct: it is the ACH number, not the one for wire transfers.  I have found it to be the same routing number used for electronic payments but I would call the bank to be sure. When I had this problem my bank gave me the proper number to use.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies