Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

natyshaj
Returning Member

Based on previous experiences, how long does it usually take to get to the adjusted bar on the refund tool once an amended return has been received by the IRS???

I am going through the same thing I amended my return on 4.19.19 it was accepted its almost the full 16 weeks and no update. My tax advocate has not been any help. I do have both EIC and CTC

Based on previous experiences, how long does it usually take to get to the adjusted bar on the refund tool once an amended return has been received by the IRS???

so the tax advocate thing really does speed up process? I plan on calling them today, but I didn't want to mess up what the irs was doing. ive also heard of the hardship? so which would be the quickest route?

Any update on the letter?

They added my school w2 with my income credit . So I sent my stuff off 7/2/2019 and it say they received it on 7/5/2019 but it's on the first bar I wanna know how long do I have now

About 16 weeks is what I'm seeing this year. Mine was recieved 5-13-19 and still no status change for me.

The IRS received my amended return on April 14th. It literally just updated to the "Adjusted" bar this past Friday, August 16th. It stated that I should receive a letter from the IRS explaining the adjustment within the next 2-3 weeks. So to answer your question, Yes it absolutely does take 16 weeks, or in my case, about 19 weeks. Good luck, hope I receive some good news soon. 

Mine was received a day or so after yours and just now got adjusted. You should see a change tomorrow or the next day I would think. If you don't then give them a call. Hope this helps

So yours was recieved April or May? Mine was May 13

16 weeks doesn't mean a thing. The time it takes is 4 months. If you, for example, filed May 13, your "16 weeks" is 4 months later. Meaning "16 weeks" for May 13th is September 13th.

Amended returns typically take 16 week OR MORE to process because they have to be manually processed and the IRS is severely understaffed. Yell at your congressperson to stop cutting the IRS budget every year and adding to their work load so they can hire enough help to do all the work in a timely manner.
Pisces319

It does take the whole 16 weeks. I had to amend my return due to me receiving a w2 after I already filed...make a long story short....

I sent off my amended return back in May 2019....the IRS received it June2019....I called in July to follow up cause the online tool never works for me and they said it would be processed in October 2019.......

I received a letter a week and a half ago for me to sign acknowledging my changes and refund amount....so i signed it and mailed it back the next day.....i called today to find out about the check and they said it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for the check to come in the mail so im assuming by the end of Oct if not sooner.....soon as i receive it I'll be updating you guys ❣️

I did an ammended return return for child tax credit. They adjusted my return in june, I received my adjustment letter in July and in August it was completed according to the ammended return tracker. It's now October and I haven't received my check. I hope it comes soon 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies