turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bank of America routing number on check doesn't work for direct deposit or direct debit

I'm using Turbotax Premier on iMac v12.7.3. For the first time in over 10 years i'm getting an error when trying to setup payment of taxes, "please verify your routing transit number has been entered correctly". I've used the same routing number (9 digits) for over 10 years without issues in turbotax. Now is does not work. And yes I confirmed and reconfirmed the number on line with BofA and on my checks. This is the ACH number as well. There is another number but it's for wire transfers, which I've never used. Why is this an issue? It sounds like a software problem that has not been fixed by turbotax. Someone messed up and now refuses to fix it and pass the burden to the consumer. Not right! This is unacceptable for product that supposed to do your taxes accurately. I've requested a call back from their support line, which was over 45 min ago. The automated message said that the call back would be 10-15 min. 

Please advise.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Bank of America routing number on check doesn't work for direct deposit or direct debit

There's a quick solution for this issue.

See the TurboTax Help article Bank of America routing number on check doesn't work for direct deposit or direct debit for guidance.

The solution suggested DOES NOT WORK!! 

Why on earth would the routing number work for over a decade and now it does not? I'm so angry I paid for this tax software and it can't even do the simplest of tasks like accept a legitimate routing number?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies