Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Are my Tax forms saved on the website ?

I used Turbo Tax desktop to both file and pay my 2022 Federal and State taxes.

To do this I signed into Turbo Tax as a guest.

I did not long into my account because I read somewhere that if I sign into my account then my tax filing documents would be saved on the Turbo Tax Website.

For 2023 taxes (using TT Desktop) - was not able to find a way to sign in as a guest and thus I am concerned that my Tax docs are stored on the TT website.

Please Advise,

Thanks,

Tom

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Don - Thanks.

Allman Brothers fan ?

@Tom in Raleigh I have been known to listen to the Allman Brothers from time to time.

This year for 2023 you do have to log in or create an Online account.  But just to register the program.  They are enforcing the limit of installing it on 5 computers you own.  But your returns are still only saved on your computer. 

See this FAQ for why do I need to sign in to an Intuit Account this year? And how to Install and Activate
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/license-information/install-turbotax-cd-...

Hey D - 

When I filed and paid my 2023 Taxes this year,

I had no choice***  but to sign into my Turbo Tax or Intuit acct.

I know that I am probably chasing the wind, 

but I prefer not to have my taxes anywhere on the website.

*** Does this make any sense ?

Thx,

Tom

2001 Volvo S40

My wife had a 1997 wagon

a Dad bought it for his daughter

she moved away and 

he happily drove it himself

Yes you are fine.  I was just giving you some background information.  I only use the Desktop program I buy at Costco.  But now I'm buying the download version from Costco Online.  Even if you buy the CD you should use the download method to install it.  Then it will be easier to reinstall or install on another computer.  Even though you can install Turbo Tax 5 times, people have had trouble installing from the CD again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies