Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mgreen1998
Returning Member

Amending State Tax Returns

The only way I've seen that I can amend my state returns is with an IRS notice.  Am I able to still amend it without a notice even though I've found something wrong with the state tax form?  If I can't, what else can I do?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

To amend only a state return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2824532-i-need-to-amend-my-state-return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3827521-can-i-efile-an-amended-state-return

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Mgreen1998
Returning Member

What if I've been filing city taxes for the wrong city in my state? What can I do to correct this? Do I have to work with the city income tax department? 

Mgreen1998
Returning Member

At this point I'm trying to keep myself from panicking as I only found this information out THIS WEEKEND when there is no one around to help me.  I'm in Michigan and I have no idea where I can even begin to fix this without paying a large amount of money.  

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You can amend your city returns as well.  If you prepared them in TurboTax, follow the instructions in the links provided by xmasbaby0 to amend your city returns.  You will do this in the state interview section of the program.  

Please see this link for more details on the city tax returns that are supported in TurboTax.

If you did not file your city returns in TurboTax, you can also go to this website to amend the forms as needed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies