Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amended Taxes, Now processed 2nd time?

So wife file taxes and then had to go back and make an amend them.  Needless to say, she did this just before they went back and corrected it but now it is showing on our tax transcripts that they went back an additional time to process the amended return. I did realize that first go-around they had not calculated the new stuff that we were in line for so I believe it result in a bigger refund coming our way but it has halted our Sept Advance child care credit, my fear is we won't see Octobers too because as of today it still shows pending on my end. Is it normal for them to go back and re-correct a second time?  Any advice?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Sorry but while there is an amended return in the system being worked the advance CTC is put on hold ... if the advances do not start up again before the end of the year the missing amounts will be part of the CTC credit on the 2021 return.  

And FYI ... they did not even look at the amended return you filed until they processed the original return AND the corrected return.  Now that both of those have been completed the amendment will not be reviewed ... how long it will take is unknown but it could take months.

Looks like they never really looked at the amended taxes. I just recently got notice that i am due even more money because of the change in EIC status.  Keep being told call back the next month to check the status. If this notice was sent then someone had to finally look at the amended return.  Probably wont get the 2020 until after i get 2021's at this rate. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies