Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Amended Return is Completed - But confused by the IRS wording

@fanfare 'TurboTax Online makes this difficult.'

I'm not sure how your above quoted statement is supposed to be helpful. 

Using TurboTax online should not make it difficult if TurboTax actually does what it is advertised to do without these bugs and glitches messing stuff up, causing customers the need to file 1040X amended tax returns! 😠 

"and no advice has helped or been meaningful "

Okey-Dokey

@Bob in Plano 

@fanfare  - Honestly, other than the exchange prompting me to check and double-check figures and reconfirming it all, no change or resolution came from this thread from the time I started the thread...

@fanfare - If you start at the beginning of this thread and read every post I think you'll agree there was no progress made that benefited me in my search to resolve my problem that was actually caused by two bugs or glitches in TurboTax's system. 

Now, let me be clear - I appreciate anyone trying to help, but as I'm sure you will agree, if the advice is not helpful it is likewise not useful, so it is not worthwhile. 

Obviously, I was hopeful to gain at least some degree of understanding about such things as why I had blanks instead capital loss carryover amounts on my Schedule D, and also why an imported 1099-INT interest was duplicated, doubling the amount of that interest and inappropriately increasing my income - with both of these problems necessitating that I file a 1040X amendment to correct them - - though only one was corrected and a refund given,  and as you know the other has not been corrected (as far I as know) and no refund has been given.  It's really not that hard to follow this thread and realize that I have not been helped...

That's no disrespect to you or anyone else, the TurboTax community forum is just not meant to respond to anything more than the very basic of needs and definitely not provide answers to what I was asking about, which happens to be  more than basic stuff because my problems were due to bugs or glitches that  people like you have no clue what caused the problem or how to fix it - other than recommend to the customer to file a 1040X amendment to correct TurboTax created problems. Really?

Sadly, I think a lot of TurboTax customers look for more help than the so-called experts are usually capable to provide.  In most cases you get what you pay for!   

It's really meaningless and quite ludicrous and unnecessarily sarcastic to tell a customer they are responsible for submitting an accurate tax return when they are dealing with problems caused by TurboTax . In multiple past years the TurboTax  system has always auto-filled certain Schedule D lines correctly with remaining capital loss carryover amount, so the fact of the matter is that an existing long-term TurboTax customer should be able to count on and expect the same to happen in future  years, year after year. That should be a fair and reasonable expectation with any continuously provided service. In legal terms that is referred to as 'reasonable expectations'. In that regard, it's pretty crass to throw out the accusation it's the customer's fault something caused a mess and a big headache when it was TurboTax that was at fault. The community 'experts' seem to have a view that 'it ain't our fault'...and since we have no clue how to fix it I'll just tell you to file a 1040X amendment or maybe a 1040X amendment No.2...  I'm not the only long-term TurboTax customer that feels this way...     

Okey-Doke?      

@fanfare & @Mike9241 & @VolvoGirl 

I’ll tell you what I think would have been both helpful and meaningful. It would not have helped me solve my problem immediately, but it sure would have helped to make me feel better that the same problem I'm facing now won't happen again – as well as making me feel better that the TurboTax community can indeed provide something really helpful and meaningful for TurboTax users.

The following is a way for you to help me and to help others that is truly meaningful.   

If a so-called ‘expert’ here on the TurboTax community would have said to themselves;

You know, this guy has a problem that was clearly caused by a bug or glitch in the TurboTax system. He has even provided proof with a partial image of his actual Schedule D with blanks in place where his capital loss carryover figures should have been auto-filled. I would be troubled by this too if I was him. And, I too would have been confused and upset by having to file a 1040X amendment to get it corrected. And, I’d be looking for a way to get my $661 refund this problem has caused too.

So, what can I really do as a TurboTax Community 'expert' to help?

I know what I can do about this that would be helpful and meaningful and make him feel better. And, hopefully what I can do makes this problem never happen again. I personally cannot offer him any absolute assurance his problem will be fixed but I most certainly can report it to the responsible people at TurboTax so they can look into it and hopefully fix it.  And, maybe I can even get a case number to give this guy so he can have some reasonable understanding that I’ve provided a degree of help that is truly meaningful!     

That @fanfare, is how to make yourself helpful and your actions meaningful! 😁

Anything less is simply meaningless! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies