Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amended 2020 Return with TT Online; Rejected, now can't access return via TT Online

Hello, definitely need some help on this one (TT rep was of no help...).

I filed an amendment for my 2020 tax return with TT Online. After filing, the IRS rejected the return. TT sent me an email stating the following:

/Return/ReturnHeader/FilingSecurityInformation/TotalPreparationSubmissionTs - Data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries.

I click on the "Let's fix my return", logged in, and it takes me to Tax Home. When I go to my 2020 return section, it won't let me access my return via TT Online anymore!!! I have to download the Desktop Version to continue (with no explanation why I have to do this).

How do I fix this?!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Amended 2020 Return with TT Online; Rejected, now can't access return via TT Online

since you are amending, you want to return to the amendment Form 1040-X, not Form 1040 which is already filed.

Continue amending or try SUBMIT again if you think your amendment is ready to go.

@naviator2003 

@fanfare Thanks for the reply, but you misunderstood my issue.

TT Online let me file an amended return for my 2020 taxes earlier today. The IRS rejected it. TT send me an email with a button that says "Let's fix my return". I click on that button and TT takes me to the "Tax Home" page for my account. I scroll down to the "Your tax returns & documents", click on "2020", and it shows that my IRS amendment was rejected, but states nothing about fixing it. When I click on "Amend (change) 2020 return", instead of giving me the option to work with it online, it says I have to download the desktop software.

The email TT sent specifically states "We'll help you get this updates on your amended federal return and e-file." As such, it appears something messed up with TT Online.

TurboTax just recently added e-File of prior year returns.

It needs work still.

@naviator2003 

@naviator2003 

For the 2020 tax return you can no longer access it using the online program ... the current online program is ONLY for 2022 returns.

You will need to download the 2020 program and the .taxfile  from the tax home then make the needed corrections and probably file by mail as the efile for the 2020 amended returns is not yet functional. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies