Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AnthonyD2004
Returning Member

Amend

So this super weird thing happened to me. I was reviewing my 2021 Tax Return when i noticed i forgot to include the last letter of one of my employers. So i added it and then i forgot to put “INC” at the end of one of my employers name. then i called turbotax and they said not to worry about it and i don’t need to amend. when i hit cancel return I backed out and hit view return and it shows me an amended return and how to file it. but then when i go back and delete the things i inputted and then i sign out and sign back in and it’s back to normal and it happens if you put anything in and then hit cancel return. do i need to go through my entire return again to make sure i didn’t mess it up somewhere because it apparently saves everything you do even when you hit cancel amendment. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
AnthonyD2004
Returning Member

Amend

this is the most information i can remember from this all^ sorry if i missed anything.

Amend

STOP ....  nothing more needs to be done as this has no effect on the return you already filed.   The IRS only looks at the employer's EIN anyway ... the name of the business is irrelevant.

For instance ... for 30+ years I have efiled the Office of Personal Management W-2 using  OPM without any issue ... proves the name entered means nothing. 

AnthonyD2004
Returning Member

Amend

okay thank you. And wait can you explain that last part again sorry i was a little confused. i’ll leave it now either way i was just wondering what you meant. thank you!

Amend

You said you spelled the employer's name wrong and I was just pointing out it doesn't make a difference to the IRS ... you successfully filed so there is nothing to fix.  

AnthonyD2004
Returning Member

Amend

yeah i know, i got that part. i was talking about the OEM and you were saying you filed the w2’s. i was just wondering what you were saying there. either way i know i’m good to leave it. 

AnthonyD2004
Returning Member

Amend

“OPM” i’m sorry 

Amend

Ok ... on the W-2 ... employer's name was  Office of Personal Management  and I entered just  OPM (short handed it)  and the IRS does not care as long as the EIN was entered correctly.  

It is kind of an inside joke really since Office of Personal Management  is the federal government and OPM also means Other People's Money ... HA HA... old joke about  our tax money paying  government employee paychecks.

AnthonyD2004
Returning Member

Amend

oh gotcha, and good one haha. thank you! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies