Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


We recevied a 100B form after we efiled our taxes and the IRS has accepted it for 2019.  What is the form we need to fill out ?  It is a loss, not a gain.


Thank you

[email address removed]

2 Replies
Expert Alumni


In order to report the 1099-B, you will need to amend your return with Form 1040X.


Wait until you’ve either received your refund or the IRS has taken payment out of your account. (The IRS will only accept a 1040X, or amended return if your original 1040 was accepted.)

  1. In TurboTax, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. Select Show and then select Amend (change) return, and then Amend using TurboTax Online. (If you don't see Your tax returns & documents, select Tax Home on the left.)
  2. Select the reason you’re amending and follow the instructions.

For further information please see the TurboTax website: How do I amend my 2019 return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
New Member


okay Thank you for your help 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies