turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amend my 2020 tax return

I just recently filed taxes for 2020 , how ever I just received another w2 in the mail and would like to add to my tax return for this yr

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Amend my 2020 tax return

There's no way to add a W-2 to the tax return that you already filed. You will first have to wait to see if your tax return is accepted or rejected. That probably won't happen until after February 12, when the IRS is scheduled to start processing 2020 tax returns. If it's rejected you can add the missing W-2 when you correct the reason for the rejection, and resubmit the tax return.

If your tax return is accepted, you will then have to wait until the IRS finishes processing it and you get your refund. Then you will have to file an amended return, Form 1040-X, to add the missing W-2. Here is a link to the instructions for filing a 2020 amended return in TurboTax Online.

How do I amend my 2020 TurboTax Online return?

jdussap

Amend my 2020 tax return

I filed on 1/29 and it’s shows Federal return filed can I add my W2 from the same company I just filed. My company changed payroll company and sent me another form

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Amend my 2020 tax return

@jdussap  Your question was answered in your other post of the same question. If you need more help or have a follow-up question, add a reply to the other thread that you started.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies