Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Amend incorrect extension

My wife and I didn't have our 2017 AGI handy when we just filed our Federal extension - we later found it, which was different than the AGI we filed (we gave an AGI based on an older document, which ended up being slightly different than the actual number).


Is there any way to amend the extension (does it impact the penalties on taxes owed)? The software doesn't appear to give me an option to change it.



2 Replies
Level 15
Level 15

Amend incorrect extension

Unless your extension request was rejected, you won't need to revise the 2017 AGI.


If your extension request was rejected, please see the third paragraph of the TurboTax FAQ linked below.  You can re-submit a rejected extension request until April 20, 2019.



*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
New Member

Amend incorrect extension

Thank you, but  am working on 2019 taxes not 2017.  Have a great day.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings