cebra001

Amend 2018 Tax Return

I have logged in and followed the instructions to download the 2018 amend taxed edition, I have clicked on all the parts and I still can not get my 2018 in tax.file, I only have the pdf. I have gone through all your sites and followed instructions to the T and nothing happens other than an error code, I go to the tab to try and fix and the page does not exist.  Please help!!!!

CassLO

Amend 2018 Tax Return

Are you using the Download Product and looking to Amend your 2018 tax return? If so, please see the instructions below:

• To amend your 2018 return: You can actually amend your return using TurboTax Online (you don't need to use the TurboTax CD/Download software). Here's how to amend:
    1. Sign in to TurboTax.
    2. Select 2018 in Your tax returns & documents (you may need to scroll down).
    3. Now select Amend (change) 2018 return.
    4. Follow the screens to amend your return.
  • To amend your 2017 or 2016 return: Use these 2017 instructions or 2016 instructions to download your tax data file and amend your return.
  • To amend a 2015 or earlier year return: You’ll need to print out Form 1040-X and amend your return by hand. Go to the IRS home page and search for Form 1040-X for the year you need to amend.

TurboTax supports the amending of returns for the current year and three prior years, or 2016 – 2019 returns.

Related Information:

If this is not the case please reply back so we may assist you further. 

mattkbuechler

Amend 2018 Tax Return

I can't get the 2018 download file to go into a tax file.  It only goes into a pdf and then the amend does not work