meganrstevenson

Am I required to file taxes if the only income I received was fmla? Had to resign on my expected return date due to lack of childcare. Received less than $1700

AlanT222

No you do not have to file an income tax return.  Based on your information, it appears that you received Paid Family Leave as FMLA is unpaid leave.  The amount you received is less than your standard deduction, therefore would not be taxable.  Remember, even if you are not required to file and federal or state taxes were withheld from your pay, you should file a return in order to get a refund.  

AlanT222