turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

iohovah

I cannot e-file since I have unfilled boxes for an address on reported income that is for Grants that TurboTax says to report as income. Only option is to print and mail.

It appears to only be related to a city return I filled out for a small portion of my income (the city doesn't even allow e-filing, atleast thats what turbotax says) but it appears to still put this on my state return portion since I did pay toward the city taxes and I'm owed a small return from that city.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I cannot e-file since I have unfilled boxes for an address on reported income that is for Grants that TurboTax says to report as income. Only option is to print and mail.

Use the address for the school where you used the Grant funds. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Use the address for the school where you used the Grant funds. 

iohovah

It's in the same city I'm filing the return with and these are federal Pell Grants. I'm worried this is going to lead to a misinterpretation and have to pay when I've never had to file my Pell grants before with the city of going to school.
iohovah

Also would I then use the Federal employer ID that is on my 1098 from the school and couldn't this then be interpreted as myself working as an actual employee for the school?
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Yes, if you are going to school in certain cities, Grand Rapids MI is one, and you have a scholarship, the city taxes you on that scholarship. Yes, use the EIN of the school. It will not cause any issues. No, it will not look like you are working for the school.
iohovah

Great, thank you.
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for using TurboTax.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies