cal5760

After update TT says it will restart but never does. I have to do it manually. Been this way for a few years. Cause?

dmertz

This behavior varies from system to system and update to update.  I doubt it will ever get fixed so that it operates consistently since I doubt that the developers even understand the cause.

dmertz

don544

I and thousands of other users have this problem. So how good is your product if it NEVER gets fixed?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. At one time it restarted after updates (just like Quicken did and does) then one year it no longer worked.  it just closes and never restarts.  not the worse problem TT has.  

This must be something in the settings of your OS since I have never heard of anyone else mentioning this issue on this forum. 

Yes it’s been a problem for years.  I don’t think they know why.  Last year mine wouldn’t restart either.  This year sometimes it doesn’t and sometimes it does restart.  Just have to live with it.
robbiedj1

Ditto since 2015
don544

jnstevenson

After searching Google for "turbotax does not continue restart after choosing update" the results have "Solved: After update TT says it will restart but never does. I ..."  Of course it is not solved and, yes, a lot of people have this problem and it is not related to some funny setting in the OS. The real problem is that Intuit/TurboTax has no real way of accepting feedback about issues such as this. Bummer. Guess that it is not that big of a deal once one realizes that it does not restart.