turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

benziger1

After TurboTax verified my online extension, I received notification after the due date that it failed. Is there a way to correct this on April 16?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

After TurboTax verified my online extension, I received notification after the due date that it failed. Is there a way to correct this on April 16?

Yes. You can correct the error on the extension and re-file it by the deadline below.

• Deadline for resubmitting or paper-filing a rejected federal return that was originally e-filed by the April 15 deadline if you did not file an extension. 

• April 22, 2019, if you live in Maine or Massachusetts because of Patriot's Day. 

• Note: Although the last day to resubmit a rejected return is October 20, the April 20 deadline applies to taxpayers who owe taxes and want to avoid the late-filing penalty. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Yes. You can correct the error on the extension and re-file it by the deadline below.

• Deadline for resubmitting or paper-filing a rejected federal return that was originally e-filed by the April 15 deadline if you did not file an extension. 

• April 22, 2019, if you live in Maine or Massachusetts because of Patriot's Day. 

• Note: Although the last day to resubmit a rejected return is October 20, the April 20 deadline applies to taxpayers who owe taxes and want to avoid the late-filing penalty. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies