Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Advance

Where is my advance you guys approved me for?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Advance

If you were approved for the Refund Advance and the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you'll get your Refund Advance typically within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed tax return. When your Refund Advance funds are ready, you'll receive an email with a virtual Turbo Visa Debit Card that you can use to make purchases online. The link provided below can assist you with the Refund Advance:

About Refund Advance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Advance

It's been an hour and I still haven't received my advance

Advance

Well I filed and was told I was approved for a refund advance for $2000 then I get a email stating that I was not approved for the advance but I will receive my card in the mail soon. I have been had my card for days and why was I told I was approved by turbo tax then green dot said I was not approved?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

First Century Bank NA will send you an email stating the reason why you were not approved.  

Here is a list of reasons why a person would not be eligible for the Refund Advance.   

Please refer to the following help article for information on the Refund Advance application process. Click on the section titled "How do I know if I'm eligible for Refund Advance?".  

About the Refund Advance application process - Community  

Bgoertz

Advance

Yes, but why does TurboTax say you’re approved? I was told I was approved for 1500 for an advance by TurboTax. Then after submitting my taxes, I got an email saying, “even though you weren’t accepted for an advance” or whatever.. why is TurboTax telling me I was then? I would’ve gone to h and r if I would’ve known this would happen. 

Bgoertz

Advance

I think your company will lose alot of business after this year because of this. Seems like allot of customers are having this issue.

Advance

I was wondering how can I know if I got approved? I got a email for a temporary debit card. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Advance

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. The funds will be loaded on to the card within 48 hours. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account. 

Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance). 

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at 1 (888) 679-8122.

If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to create a new account to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

Here is more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

Advance

Ok but why are we getting emails from green dot saying “even though you were not qualified for an advance” after turbo tax said we were approved? It’ll be 48hrs in 3 hrs and I haven’t seen my advance but was emailed with my virtual card right away after filing. This is all very confusing and frustrating. Turbo tax will be loosing a lot of customers this year if this keeps happening. 

LinL
Level 2

Advance

I know this is the way it is meant to work, but no. I had similar issue, was "approved" via TurboTax and got temp card info immediately. Overnight I received 3 emails addressed to "Sara" telling me to complete my online account. My GreenDot card arrived in a few days and I set up my account for my Turbo Card. After my e-file went through and my return was accepted by the IRS I anticipated my $250 advance.

I waited 3 days and nothing, so called TurboTax. They said the advance was not approved. We talked and of course I was told to call GreenDot. 

Well, they were no help and had no answers. Did I get the emails about being declined? No. Did I get my card? Yes. According to the rep it's a "known technical issue" and a manager will call me back today. No calls no emails and no answer. It's been a week.

Now I have already contacted the FTC and others with this concern. Will I ever see my tax refund? Or is it disappearing like my refund advance loan and professional customer service?

Advance

@LinLthat is ridiculous. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies