Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Morales316
Returning Member

Aduit

Anyone else being audited for tax year 2021? Once they send a letter requesting information on dependents, and you send everything they ask for, how long does it take to hear back from them? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Aduit

Please feel free to contact the IRS for questions regarding their letter and estimated timeframe for a response. Please see How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? for more information, including the IRS phone number and hours of operation. You may want to try calling right when they open since they have been very busy throughout the day.

@Morales316

Aduit

It is impossible to say.

The IRS has a huge backlog of unprocessed tax returns and paper correspondence.

The only thing certain is it will take a long time.

If you call, you won't get any more information than what I just told you.

Aduit

@Morales316 wrote:

Anyone else being audited for tax year 2021? Once they send a letter requesting information on dependents, and you send everything they ask for, how long does it take to hear back from them? 

It also depends on the reason for the information request.    Often it is because two taxpayers claimed the same child and they need responses from both taxpayers that would get the same letter.   I would be suppressed if it takes less then a year to resolve.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Morales316
Returning Member

Aduit

I believe reason for aduit was because I claim my half brother.  I sent in his birth certificate as well to show we are related and show that I send our mom money to support him. But who knows.  I just wanted someone worth personal experience because this waiting on my money sucks.  Thank you everyone

Morales316
Returning Member

Aduit

@macuser_22 I believe reason for aduit was because I claim my half brother.  I sent in his birth certificate as well to show we are related and show that I send our mom money to support him. But who knows.  I just wanted someone worth personal experience because this waiting on my money sucks.  Thank you everyone

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies