Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

account/routing number wildly different than mine

Hi I’m really at a loss right now. I filed 

My tax return and the IRS said it was deposited May 4th, 16 days ago, and it hasn’t shown up. I went to verify my account/routing number and it’s not that it was a number or two off, it’s EVERY number off, so wildly different than my numbers. It routed to a bank in West Virginia??? Is this normal? The IRS accepted it as well, which I thought they couldn’t do with the wrong information, I was told that it gets rejected and sent in the mail. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

did you request your TT fees be subtracted from your refund? 

if so (and that is what I suspect), you are seeing the routing number and account number of the intermediary Bank).  They receive your refund (as you authorized), subtract the TT fees and send you the balance to the routing number and account number you had on your tax return. 

Thank you so much for responding so quickly! Do you know if it typically takes them 2-3 weeks after they say it’s deposited to take out the fees and then send the rest back to me? 

SBTPG is Santa Barbara Tax Product Group where your refund is transferred if you used the Refund Processing Service (pay your TurboTax fees with your Federal Refund)

What is Refund Processing Service?

Follow the steps below to track your refund when using the Refund Processing Option:

Step 1 - Check with the IRS

Get the status of your Federal tax refund by visiting the IRS "Where's My Refund?" page. 

Check the status of your refund 

Step 2  - Check with TPG

Once you have confirmed that your refund has been released by the IRS and you have selected a Refund Transfer from Santa Barbara TPG you may check the status of your Refund Transfer by visiting our website. 

Check the status of your Refund Transfer

For more information, please see the link below:

TPG Santa Barbara Tax Product Group

@NCperson  Also! I just checked sbtg (you were totally right, thank you so much I’m so clueless!) and it says they received my tax return on may 3rd, says it’s funded and set for direct deposit. It’s been 13 business days, is that normal? I can’t seem to find much other information, I’m seeing people say 1-5 business days 

13 days seems a bit long unless your bank a/c or routing number is wrong. then they send you a check by mail.

see this link for additional contact info.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies