Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Account recovery

I need help recovering all of my accounts

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Account recovery

No longer have access to your email address or phone number and can't access your account? Please click the link below for info on how to recover your account. If you need help with something else, please respond back so that we can try to help.

Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tigerlily0709
Returning Member

Account recovery

My fiance has been trying to get into his account for weeks. He updated his password and when he goes to sign in the verification code is set to be sent to an old phone number. He has submitted several requests to update phone number only on account recovery page. I spoke with a turbo tax customer service agent who said mail with his name and address on it would suffice as proper documentation since he can not provide the other options such as ID, passport ect at this time. Both forms of mail were declined. We then sent in a notarized document with his name and address on it and still declined (I can provide the case #). This is becoming unnecessarily tedious he just needs to update his old number to his cell phone number to retrieve the verification code in order to access his account and begin filing his taxes. I called customer support again and they would not allow me to really discuss his information but they did say they updated the phone number i provided so he can receive the code yet when he tries logging in now the number to send the code is still set to the old number. What is the issue here, why can he not get this handled efficiently? Please advise. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Account recovery

Please see the FAQ here concerning how our Account Verification works.  If you are not able to get the account verified, they can definitely set up a new account to file their taxes, they just wouldn't have the information populate.  To obtain your prior tax data from the IRS, you can do that at the link here.  

JeanMcGee

Account recovery

Both of my parents died. I would like to have their account closed and a refund of the money drawn from their account $75.86 on 11/6/2021 since this withdrawal was done after their deaths. 

How do I go about this?

Thank You, Jean McGee

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Account recovery

I am very sorry for your loss. Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this matter.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

@JeanMcGee

JeanMcGee

Account recovery

Customer service told me to reach out to Account Recovery. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Account recovery

Please see the below TurboTax Help Article to submit an account recovery request:

Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

Is the refund you are requesting for the software they purchased? If so, please see How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product? to request a refund.

@JeanMcGee

Account recovery

How did you recover all accounts. I can't seem to get it done.

JeanMcGee

Account recovery

I was never able to do the account recovery. They make it sound like it will be an easy process, but I found it to be the exact opposite. I had to call and talk with a customer rep. I hope this works for you stress free. My process is actually still ongoing. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Account recovery

You can try recovering your account with your phone number. If you don't have that information or you need assistance getting back into your account, you can follow the steps in this TurboTax FAQ here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies