Where do I file a 1065X (amended) return? 1065 was e-filed through TT, but it will not allow amended to be e-filed.

According to the Form 1065X instructions, the amended return must be filed with the service center where the original return was filed.

Find the mailing address for your original partnership return in the IRS link below, and mail the 1065X to that address.

Is there a way to e-file the amended 2017 business return or do I have to mail it in as I keep getting error that amended box not checked off on 1065 when it is?

It must be mailed.

The IRS does not accept or process e-file amended returns. You will need to print and mail the amended return in with any supporting documentation. When you go to print and mail my return in the program, it will print the instructions and mailing address for you. 

No address is provided. I believe it is still in a mode thinking an efile was done

Hi, Thank you everyone for your kind replies. It turns out it was giving me the error because I tried to e-file it in. It worked totally fine as a mail it. 

Sorry, this does not answer the problem if the return was e-filed. The IRS instructions are to amend a paper return. It does not indicate how to amend a return that was e-filed. How would you know which service center the e-file went to?

In the FILE tab choose to mail in the return then the proper forms and instructions will be populated.