Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DanKen

$39 "refund fee" when I DON'T HAVE A REFUND

I BOUGHT TurboTax Home and Business 2023.  I am being charged for the state e-filing, which I expected.  However, now this!  I am not getting a refund.  I am on a screen at the very end of the process that is demanding I pay another $39.99 for "refund processing fees."  What is this?  Did you catch that above?  I'M NOT GETTING A REFUND.  And even if I were, this feels very underhanded and smarmy, to dump this on me after days of entering my very complicated federal and state return data.  If I were getting a refund I need to pay you 40 dollars for the IRS to debit my checking account?  This feels like a form of fraud.  Please explain what is happening.  I think I should report this to the state office of the Auditor.  What are you people doing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

$39 "refund fee" when I DON'T HAVE A REFUND

Do you have a federal refund?  That is to take the fee out of a federal refund.  

There is one screen that can trip you up. Go back through the File tab slowly and see what its charging you for.  There is one screen that can trip you up.  People get going too fast through the screens and clicking on the bottom right box to continue.  But on the pay screen you have click on the Left button to pay by credit card (not the right button).

See the very last post with screenshot on this one 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/why-can-t-i-remove-premium-service-benefits-from-... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies