Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 iowa efile rejected -- no way to correct it

I am in Iowa self employed and take the insurance premium deductions under the business for myself and my spouse. I waited for last week's new form 7206 correction which downloaded finally allowing me to efile. My fed return was accepted, my Iowa return rejected due to "overstatement of health premiums". I downloaded today's updated Iowa corrections to Turbotax. But nothing has changed. Since my insurance deduction is already in my Form C, it is accounted for. BUT the system repeats it a second time on Iowa 1040 line 18. Therefore it is double applying the deduction! However, there is no way to correct the forms. HELP!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can you clarify? Iowa line 18 is just a line with a total. Can you see which form and which line begins the problem?

To see your forms:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Correction of yesterday’s post. It had a typo.

To clarify, the duplicate long term care insurance amount that I corrected to $0 is located:

Iowa 1040

Schedule 1 Iowa Modification to Federal Total Income

Line 15 Health insurance deduction 

I am self employed so I took Part premium  D as an Expense on my Federal schedule C and then in that form the Long term care premium is taken as a deduction. So both are already in  my federal  business results. But Turbo tax has a bug as when it used data from my federal to fill out my state return, it erroneously added the ltc premium amount into the form above. I corrected it by fixing it as above and filling state again and it was accepted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies