Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

egg2
Returning Member

2021 Rejected and Amend e-file

I've e-filed my 2021 tax return through turbotax desktop software, and got rejected due to ssn typo.

And I tried to follow the amend procedure to amend and e-file. However it tells me unable to e-file and the reason being 

TurboTax_iPhvkZM2UR.png

What does mean I haven't e-filed the 1040 through TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If your first original return was rejected then it wasn't filed.  You do not amend.  Just fix it and resend it.  Go through the File tab again.  But you might need to undo or delete the amended return you started.  

How to delete an Amended return in the Desktop program,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-the-tur...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If it's rejected because the social security numbers didn't match, I don't think you should have to amend, just correct the number and resubmit your tax return. That's why it's not registering as filed. 

If your first original return was rejected then it wasn't filed.  You do not amend.  Just fix it and resend it.  Go through the File tab again.  But you might need to undo or delete the amended return you started.  

How to delete an Amended return in the Desktop program,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-the-tur...

egg2
Returning Member

Thanks, it was kind of confusing that turbotax provided the amend button as the first choice on reject. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies