Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

we share the same opinion. 

Hey Riafit, unfortunately we ill have to check around or after the 15th. I was accepted on 01/28 and one week later bar disappeared and the PATH message appeared. My 21st day will me 2/18/2020. We shall see

@nick112207 if they never filed early they wouldnt see the Path message. It doesnt affect you if you file after the 15th of Feb

After the 15th, so the 16th on. You will be placed back in regular processing, it can be anywhere from 2-3 days to a couple weeks for a correct return.

My return was accepted on 1/27 and I’ve been on one bar ever since. I usually get the path message a few days after but have not received it yet. Via my usps account I seen a letter is being sent to me from the Irs today so I obviously got worried and called the Irs seeing what this letter was for since I’ve been stuck on one bar for the longest time. Rep looked up my account and seen nothing wrong, no offsets or info needed. Said the letter was from when I tried creating an online account to look up my transcripts. She said I should get an update Wednesday or Saturday as that’s when the system does a mass update. I’m guessing it’ll be Saturday from my previous experience. 

@bharkless84 not only will the entire amount be sent by check, but they may even make you ID Verify.

i never get path act msg last year only one bar with tax topic 152 

@Kevmex81 @What was the number you called to receive a live rep and do you remember the prompts you selected?

@bharkless84 @it won’t take long at all. 2-3 weeks at most, even though they will tell you 4-6.

@afrocherokeegirl. im in Wisconsin as well and should have mine by the 15th as well

@Kesi12 @If you’re off by even “one” number, once it’s kicked backed to the IRS, they won’t allow you to correct it over the phone and they certainly won’t allow your financial institution try to “match it up” with an existing account that is a number or two off.

Unfortunately, they will take the entire refund and send a check to avoid possible fraud.

@Mharvar16 

Where's my refund is sketchy sometimes my two bars usually don't show up untill after iv already gotten my refund transcripts are you best bet to getting an accurate date also the irs refund hotline, tt, and sbtpg also gives updates when you call or log on to their website it tough seeing everyone else get ddd or updates but trust me if your not past 21 days I wouldn't worry plus they started this outrageous weekly updates instead of daily and it frustrates people especially since we don't know if where on a daily or weekly smh hang in there 

I was able to reach someone at [phone number removed] 

@toriwright93  [phone number removed]. It was like option one. It wasn’t hard at all to speak with someone 

@nick112207 

Same here had path since 2016 tax year don't know y people think this is something new messing with everyone's taxes 😂😂 same wait time each year if you file eic👍

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies