turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

Interesting,  I'll try my students loan tonight. 

Somebody might know. I moved and changed addresses compared to last year but my w2s ofcourse had my new address so I used them when I file but didnt directly change my address with the IRS.  The problem I have is when I use my new address to get transcripts it says address does not match but when I use my old address it works. 

Are my transcripts still attached to my old address or will it be updated to my new address ? 

@caron1981  It’s your lucky day!! I moved last year in August and part of my issue (while trying to create an account) was that my address was unrecognized. But, here’s my theory: After Saturday (1/25), WMR updated to the PATH Act message. The following week (I’ll check this thread for the exact date b/c I updated here immediately after creating my account) I was able to get my address to work AND my student loan account. 

Seems to me that your return really is still being processed. Once you receive the PATH message, your new address should be entered in the system.

Also, check out this info regarding changing your address with the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

It says that one way to update the IRS is to submit a tax return using your new address.

@Lvlybrneyes37 

Yea that's what I was thinking. When my wmr updates it'll most likely update the address to. 

Who knows with them goons at the IRS.  

So updating again 

filed 1/11/20 

accepted 1/27/20 

on WMR bar I’m at the first bar 

and no PATH message. I’ve been weekly every year so I’ll check again saturdayS 

Yes just not approved yet 

Filed and accepted 1/23

EIC and ACTC

One bar and tax topic 152 on WMR.. normally a weekly updater but no PATH message yet. I know a lot of people updated this past Saturday. I really hope nothing is wrong ! Any thoughts or insight?

@briesmith6  only the irs knows lol. I'm a daily so this Wednesday should update me from my 1 bar tax topic. 

I've heard and read changing from being weekley to daily can happen. 

What date did your refund hit last year? Was it the 22nd?

Well did you get it 1/29

@caron1981 @I received mine on Wednesday every year and o can see my transcripts but it doesn’t have a amount on it yet but it does have my new address so I know they are working on it

Well yes. It's another year. Well here's what I have so far ..

Filed 1/26/2020

Federal accepted 1/28/2020

State accepted 1/28/2020

WITH EITC 

1 BAR

i’m confused how to see comments in correct order, so if someone could @ me that would be great!! thank you in advance. 

my question is this.. 

i filed on 24th, accepted to n 28th, got the PATH message this saturday morning when i woke up.

1. does this mean i’m further along than just the 1 bar? 

2. does that mean it’s processed,  but just won’t b sent out til after 15th?

3. i swear i had it before the 17th last year!!! 

thanks for a reply! 

@riafit @Last year after I got the path message the following Saturday I got a ddd for my money so I would say that you are done best way to find out is to get your transcripts 

@riafit  

If you have the path act message then you are done processing and stuck in limbo until the 16th when the irs updates all path act people's wmr to a refund date. Now you just have to wait till the 16th. 

My wmr always updated to a deposit date on the 16th ever since the path act started.

I was wondering the same thing how do you know if you’re weekly or daily??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies