Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

groach77

2019 Tax form 1040 print out help

My wife in the past has handled our taxes.  In 2019 she filed and sent in paper copies.  Later  the IRS rejected the submission saying to send the correct pages.  After my wife having health issues and an unwillingness to help get the refund I am at a point I got the form and printed it out.  Federal and state.  In 2019 we moved so we have two state taxes and a sold house.  I believe the state taxes went through but the federal did not.  This printout of tax forms is confusing.  What to send?  If I send the complete pile will that be accepted?  Will I be told rejected and to only send the forms they want?  There are a number of form numbers and work sheets. This is a TurboTax PDF printout.  If I send the entire thing will that be accepted?  Do I need to reduced the pages?  If so what to included.  I am worried of messing up.  If I include the whole printout will I get hosed over?  Or what pages are needed in the return?  It's like a 300 page printout with Oregon, Arizona state taxes and Federal.  I am fine sending the entire thing but will an IRS agent accept that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

2019 Tax form 1040 print out help

For the federal tax return, you only file the Form 1040 and any federal forms and schedules that have an Attachment Sequence Number located in the upper right corner of the form or schedule.  You send nothing else, especially do not send any state tax returns to the IRS.

You have to print, sign and date the Form 1040 on page 2.  Include with the federal tax return all W-2 and Form 1099's you received which have taxes withheld on the forms.

Go to this IRS website for the address on where to mail the federal return, with and without a payment, by state - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

Note - If the tax return includes a tax refund, the refund will Not be paid since it is over three years from the due date of the 2019 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies