turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nalbin25
Returning Member

2018 reddendum

My filing for 2018 was rejected and the addendum I plan to mail will not be received in-time for me to file by the extension for this years tax return. Please assist in how I can make sure everything is received on-time this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

2018 reddendum

An amended 2018 tax return would have no bearing on filing 2019 tax return or requesting an extension for 2019. A 2019 tax return and/or extension can be filed at any time without regard to the 2018 tax return.

When you say your 2018 return was rejected, are you referring to the return when you filed it sometime before mid October, 2019. A 2018 return could not be efiled any later than mid October 2018. Did you use the 2018 tax program to prepare and file it? You can't use the current online program for a 2018 tax return. It is only for preparing a 2019 tax return. 

nalbin25
Returning Member

2018 reddendum

Thank you for the response.

Correct I am referring to a return I submitted and was rejected before October 2018. The issue that it is causing me with filing for 2019- is I don't know my AGI in 2018 to fill in on this years return.

Please assist.

2018 reddendum

Since your 2018 return was not filed on time (like before September)  then you enter 0 for the AGI to efile 2019.  

Now let's go back to 2018.  Did you ever get the original return filed?  Did you mail it?  If it rejected and you never mailed or filed 2018 you do not amend it.  Just fix the original one and file it now.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies