2017 taxes filed by mail, but IRS wants extra forms!

HELP!

I filed my 2017 taxes using turbotax, BUT I filed them in February 2020.  Therefore I had to mail them, NOT electronically file.

I did NOT have health coverage in 2017 & stated that when asked on the 2017 tax questions via turbotax.  I received a letter from the IRS saying they want a 1095-A & the subsequent form 8962.  I'm not sure how to proceed, since I didn't have insurance in 2017!

Thanks for any help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Well the IRS believes you did have ACA insurance for which you should have had a 1095-A form. Were you on your parents insurance ?     Did you check with the ACA to see if you did indeed have insurance for any part of the year ?   https://www.healthcare.gov/contact-us/

If you did not have any insurance from any source then respond to the IRS will those facts.  

@cpaigemoore1966 wrote:

HELP!

Thanks for any help!

The IRS should only send such a notice if they received a copy of the 1095-A from the health care provider with your name and SSN.    Contact the IRS with the number that should be the letter and discuss it with them.