2017 tax returns

2017 tax returns

How do I get a copy of my 2017 tax return?

2017 tax returns

Was your 2017 return prepared with Online TurboTax?  If so, log in to your account and look in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."   Choose tax year 2017, and look for a link to download/print the PDF.   Do you find evidence of your return there OK, but when you try to download, does it ask you to pay?    If it was prepared in Free Edition last year, access will be locked.   If that's your situation, we can tell you how to pay to unlock your 2017 return.   The method to unlock it depends on what all you have done with your 2018 return.

If you find no evidence at all of your 2017 online return in that account, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.    A return prepared in desktop software (CD/download) will not be in an online account.

1. What is the story on your 2018 return--have you filed a 2018 return in Online TurboTax, or is one in preparation?  Or did you file elsewhere?
  2. Was the 2018 return prepared in Free Edition?
  3. Is the 2018 return in the SAME account as the 2017 online return?

We can tell you how to unlock a return once you answer all 3 questions above.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

2017 tax returns

How do I get a copy of 2017taxs 

2017 tax returns

@Darrell36 Did you not read the answer provided in this thread before you posted your message?  It gives exact instructions on how to get a copy of your 2017 tax return.

2017 tax returns

How do I get a copy of my 2017taxs 

2017 tax returns

No

2017 tax returns

@ Darrell36 wrote:

How do I get a copy of my 2017taxs 

We can tell you once you respond to the questions asked in the first answer above, which you said you didn't read.   We have no idea what your situation is until you respond with the info.

We don't know if you can't find the 2017 return, can't download it because access is locked, or what.  We don't even know how you prepared it--online or in desktop software.

2017 tax returns

I filed with turbotax myself

the 2018 was prepared in free edition

the account is the same

2017 tax returns

@Kimberly84 - To access the 2017 online tax return you will need to upgrade to the 2018 Plus edition and pay for the Plus edition before access to the prior year online returns is available.

In TurboTax Free Edition, you can purchase PLUS to unlock your prior-year .tax file.

The exact instructions will vary depending on the status of your 2018 TurboTax Online return (select one):