Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

12c letter

I received a 12c letter asking that I fax all of my withholding information to the IRS. It said it would take 6-8 weeks to process my refund, It will be 8 weeks this Friday since I faxed the information requested and have heard nothing back. What would be my next step? I check where's my refund every day and have called the IRS about 4 weeks ago. I've never had a problem using Turbo Tax before.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

12c letter

The IRS can take much longer than the posted time frame  to process that information ... I would not be surprised that it took much longer or they sent you another notice for an additional 60/90 days to process it... all you can do is be patient.

This is nothing you or the program did wrong ... the IRS may not have gotten the info from the employer to verify what you put on your return thus they asked you for it  or  it could simply be a random audit.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

12c letter

The IRS can take much longer than the posted time frame  to process that information ... I would not be surprised that it took much longer or they sent you another notice for an additional 60/90 days to process it... all you can do is be patient.

This is nothing you or the program did wrong ... the IRS may not have gotten the info from the employer to verify what you put on your return thus they asked you for it  or  it could simply be a random audit.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies