turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lynn9

1099-R funds partially replaced so I do not owe taxes on full amount. How to show that?

Withdrew $30,000 but replaced $20,000.  How do I edit the 1099R to reflect this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

1099-R funds partially replaced so I do not owe taxes on full amount. How to show that?

Answer Yes when TurboTax only asks if the distribution (or some of the distribution) was rolled over.  

As long as you indicated in the follow-up questions that you moved a portion of the money to another retirement account and you rolled over part of the money (which it appears you did from your question) you are fine.

The result will be the amount rolled over appearing on Form 1040 line 15b or Form 1040A line 11b.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NancyG

Answer Yes when TurboTax only asks if the distribution (or some of the distribution) was rolled over.  

As long as you indicated in the follow-up questions that you moved a portion of the money to another retirement account and you rolled over part of the money (which it appears you did from your question) you are fine.

The result will be the amount rolled over appearing on Form 1040 line 15b or Form 1040A line 11b.

lynn9

Thanks for the response.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies