Solved: 1041 ballpark tax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 ballpark tax

I'm filing my first 1041.  Would somebody tell me if I'm in the ballpark?  Taxable income is $46883 and the tax from Schedule G is $15660.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

1041 ballpark tax

@ichidtlb wrote:

I'm filing my first 1041.  Would somebody tell me if I'm in the ballpark?  Taxable income is $46883 and the tax from Schedule G is $15660.

Are you using TurboTax Business?

Regardless, the type of income makes a difference (e.g., qualified dividends, long-term gain, etc.). However, with the simple input of that amount (as all taxable interest), TurboTax is returning $15,705 plus $1,297 of NIIT (net investment income tax).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 15

1041 ballpark tax

@ichidtlb wrote:

Are you using TurboTax Business?

Regardless, the type of income makes a difference (e.g., qualified dividends, long-term gain, etc.). However, with the simple input of that amount (as all taxable interest), TurboTax is returning $15,705 plus $1,297 of NIIT (net investment income tax).

View solution in original post

1041 ballpark tax

Thank you.  I thought I might be doing something grossly wrong, but it looks OK.  It sure doesn't pay to be dead.

I have trouble with Turbo Tax so I still file on paper.  My friend swears by it, but I just get lost. I am sure the IRS prefers it.  Every year I try it after I file because I would like to get on board.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings