turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

iltm
Level 3

1/17 test batch. Turbo Tax reflects refund issued. IRS WMR only says “accepted “. Reference TT152. No updates to transcripts. Why would TT say refund was issued?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

1/17 test batch. Turbo Tax reflects refund issued. IRS WMR only says “accepted “. Reference TT152. No updates to transcripts. Why would TT say refund was issued?

Because TT has a generic "meter" that is only based on the IRS's standard 21 day turn around on a refund and not based on actual facts.  Please ignore the TT  stupidity  and only get your true information from the IRS.  

iltm
Level 3

That’s what I thought.  Any insights on the wmr message “see TT152 for tax situation”?  I’ve read through Tax topic 152 and none applies to me.  Also, oddly enough a few sporadic items did populate account transcript and the one that concerns me is my Exemption reflects “0”.  That should be “1”.  All prior years that is “1” which make sense as no one else can claim me.  Thoughts?  I was fairly confident I would be direct deposit on 2/1 but sadly not. And I am a “weekly” as it relates to irs processing.  Thks

TT 152 is a generic message that only means your return will take more than the standard 21 days to process ... if you have any EIC or ACTC on your return then processing of returns what that on them will start mid February.  Or you may have filed before the employer filed the W-2 forms with SSA and the IRS is waiting to verify your income.  Nothing you can or need to do but wait and check back every few days for news.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-refund/tax-topic-152-will-i-still-get-my-tax-refund/L0Ma47g...

iltm
Level 3

No EITC or ACTC.  I guess most likely would be income verification.  My wage and income transcript reflects this message “no return filed”.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies