turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bettysmash
Returning Member

I am seeing others who filed the same day getting DDD already but I have no update

Hi, I efiled on 3/20 and the were accepted the same day. I am noticing a lot of people from other boards saying they have either received their DDD or even their refund already. Does that mean mine is likely delayed due to a problem with my return or is there just no rhyme or reason sometimes? I have a "received" bar on WMR and no transcripts available for 2017 yet. TIA

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I am seeing others who filed the same day getting DDD already but I have no update

Honestly, there is no rhyme or reason for the most part. Not every return will be the exact same. Some take longer to process and some don't take as long. As long as you don't see a notice/tax topic/code on the Where's My Refund page to contact the IRS or they haven't sent you a letter, you shouldn't worry.

Processing times vary from return to return. Just keep an eye out at Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund. They will reach out if they need more information from you or if there is an issue. 

And if you are expecting a state refund,  you can use your State Department of Revenue's website to check status of state tax refund. Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will give you steps to track the status. State processing times vary from state to state. Some have noted they will take up to 90 days or longer to process returns and issue refunds. So be patient!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies